Location: Taree x1, Tamworth x1
Reporting to: Branch Manager
General summary, reporting to the Branch manager you will be required to maintain and repair our hire equipment, EWP’s, plant and company vehicles. You must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. You must be able to work with a wide variety of machinery and vehicles as well as follow all safety precautions and relevant industry standards.
Our Mechanic is one of the faces of our community organisation, and therefore should have good people and communication skills in order to best work with our clients. Because we are always seeking ways to better serve the community, we also expect that our Mechanic will help us identify ways we can be more effective and efficient by contributing fresh ideas for improvement.
Whilst in work uniform, you are representing the company being visible to the public through our brand name Coastal Hire, therefore we expect you to behave with respect to the general public, including customers and drive to the road rules.
- Maintain machines or mechanical components according to manufacturer’s requirements.
- Inspect equipment, plant, vehicles and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems.
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components.
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users.
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic/electrical systems, touch-up painting vehicles etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report all damages near misses and safety concerns to the Branch manager.
- Site deliveries.
- Load/unload hire equipment, plant and EWP’s.
- Develop a strong knowledge and understanding of all products.
- Other ad-hoc duties.
- Assist in customer service/front of house.
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and instructions.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines.
- High attention to detail.
- Good record keeping skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fast and effective problem-solving ability.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform the work.
- Positive can do attitude.
- Proven experience as a trade qualified Mechanic/fitter.
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components.
- MR, Forklift, White card, electrical test tag cert, EWP ticket an advantage.
- Our goal is zero incidents. You are responsible to act in a safe manner and act on all unsafe procedures and assets reporting accordingly to your leading hand/manager at the time of the incident.
- Asset management, through maintenance and care of all company assets.